Protect Yourself and Your Family

Over 70% of Americans have a legal need each year. Worrying about expensive and stressful legal life events can decrease productivity, cause stress, and result in employees losing focus at their jobs.

The Legal Resources Employee Legal Plan offers streamlined access to high quality legal coverage by:

  • Eliminating the high cost of legal services
  • Providing easy and trusted access to an attorney “on retainer” for personal legal matters
  • Offering comprehensive coverage for a broad range of legal needs, including courtroom representation, for employees and their families at 100%, meaning the employee pays $0 attorney fees for these services

Legal Resources has been licensed by the Virginia State Corporation Commission, Bureau of Insurance as a group legal provider since 1991. Corporately located in Virginia Beach, VA, we serve over 800 employer groups, including many public and private educational institutions, local governments, health systems, and other private and public entities. Our success as a company is driven by the breadth and depth of our law firm network, our strong commitment to account service and support, our Award-Winning Member Services Department, and our ability to provide legal services that are easy to access and broad in coverage.

Highlights of the Legal Resources Legal Plan

  • Comprehensive Coverage: We offer a broad range of fully covered legal services with no waiting periods, hourly usage limits, deductibles, or co-payments.
  • Corporate office located in Virginia: This enables us to provide onsite service.
  • Law Firm Network Quality: Legal Resources offers employees a choice in selecting a local, full-service law firm from our network during the enrollment process.
  • Ease of use: Members contact their selected law firm directly, with no gate keeper to access services.
  • Member Services: Our award-winning team of certified paralegals assists in resolving member questions.

Plan Description

The Legal Resources Plan pays 100% of the attorney fees for a broad range of legal services. The Member pays no attorney fees for all fully covered services and receives a 25% savings on attorney fees for all other legal services, including pre-existing legal matters. Our plan was designed and has been refined over the years to provide 100% attorney fee coverage for all the legal matters over 95% of our members may need in a lifetime. For the other 5% of less commonly needed legal services, we provide at no additional cost a 25% savings on the hourly rate of the attorney.

Employee and Dependent Eligibility

Any benefits-eligible employee at the company may enroll in Legal Resources. Once enrolled, Legal Resources defines “covered members” as the employee (known as the “Primary Member”), spouse and qualifying dependents.

Thinking of Enrolling?

Group legal insurance plans are one of the fastest growing employer benefits