Legal Plan Coverage - How Group Legal Services Work
Using the Legal Resources Plan is easy.
Employees are able to enroll in our Legal Resources membership plan during open enrollment through Legal
Resources' website, third party administration, or via paper.
After enrollment, you will receive your membership card(s) containing contact information for your law firm.
If you need legal plan services, you are able to call your law firm directly to set up an appointment.
You can also call the Member Services Department and speak with one of our award-winning certified paralegals to
answer a coverage or law firm question.
You now have a law firm on "retainer" to meet all your legal needs. Call them any time you need a service, from
a simple question to a complex issue.
Legal Plan Overview
The Legal Resources Legal Plan covers the attorney fees for a broad range of the most frequently needed legal
services. Our legal plan coverage ensures you, your spouse, and qualifying dependent children are protected. There
are no annual usage limitations, co-pays, or deductibles for the fully covered services. Coverage may vary by
employer group. Below are some of the most common services our plan provides. For a full description of legal plan
coverage, check with your employer.
- Unlimited in-person or telephone advice and consultation
- Unlimited preparation and review of routine legal documents, including but not limited to,
powers of attorney, bills of sale and affidavits
- Name change
- Estate advice
- Power of attorney for the member's parents
- Prevention services
- Education services
- Identity recovery assistance
- Will preparation and periodic updates
- Advanced medical directive
- Financial powers of attorney
- Contingent trust for minor children
- Defense of misdemeanor
- Misdemeanor defense of juveniles (including first offense involving alcohol and drugs)
- Purchase, sale and refinance of primary residence
- Deed preparation
- Deed preparation
- Tenant-landlord matters
- Landlord-tenant matters (includes hour of advice, preparation of late notice and advice on
filing of suit of landlord)
- Traffic infractions and misdemeanors
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence (first offense)
- Representation as defendant
- Representation as plaintiff
- Insurance matters
- Initial administrative hearing (local government commission on board)
- Warranty dispute
- Advice, consultation and representation on billing disputes and collection agency harassment.
- The Legal Resources Legal Plan provides 25% discount on pre-existing legal matters and any
legal need not listed in our fully covered services, as well as out-of-network coverage.
- Any service not fully covered or listed under exclusions are still covered at 25% off the
hourly rate of the attorney. This includes pre-existing legal matters and out-of-network
Members are responsible for all non-attorney costs such as court costs, filing fees, or any fines assessed. This
summary of legal plan services is intended to provide a broad and general overview of the plan coverage that we
offer. Coverage may vary for your organization. Members, please
log in or refer to your Master Plan Contract for a
complete description of services provided, as well as the actual terms, coverage, conditions and exclusions.
Hear what members say about the Legal Resources Legal Plan on our