Legal Plan Coverage - How Group Legal Services Work
Using the Legal Resources Plan is easy.
- Employees are able to enroll in our Legal Resources membership plan during open enrollment through Legal Resources' website, third party administration, or via paper.
- After enrollment, you will receive your membership card(s) containing contact information for your law firm.
- If you need legal plan services, you are able to call your law firm directly to set up an appointment.
- You can also call the Member Services Department and speak with one of our award-winning certified paralegals to answer a coverage or law firm question.
- You now have a law firm on "retainer" to meet all your legal needs. Call them any time you need a service, from a simple question to a complex issue.
Legal Plan Overview
The Legal Resources Legal Plan covers the attorney fees for a broad range of the most often needed legal services. Our legal plan coverage ensures you, your spouse, and qualifying dependent children are protected. There are no annual usage limitations, co-pays, or deductibles for the fully covered services. Coverage may vary by employer group. Below are some of the most common services our plan provides. For a full description of legal plan coverage, check with your employer.
- Unlimited in-person or telephone advice and consultation
- Unlimited preparation and review of routine legal documents, including but not limited to, powers of attorney, bills of sale and affidavits
- Name change
- Estate advice
- Power of attorney for the member's parents
- Prevention services
- Education services
- Identity recovery assistance
- Will preparation and periodic updates
- Advanced medical directive
- Financial powers of attorney
- Contingent trust for minor children
- Defense of misdemeanor
- Misdemeanor defense of juveniles (including first offense involving alcohol and drugs)
- Purchase, sale and refinance of primary residence
- Deed preparation
- Tenant-landlord matters
- Landlord-tenant matters (includes hour of advice, preparation of late notice and advice on filing of suit of landlord)
- Traffic infractions and misdemeanors
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence (first offense)
- Representation as defendant
- Representation as plaintiff
- Insurance matters
- Initial administrative hearing (local government commission on board)
- Warranty dispute
- Advice, consultation and representation on billing disputes and collection agency harassment.
- The Legal Resources Plan provides a 25% discount on pre-existing legal matters and any legal need not fully covered or listed above, as well as out of network coverage.
- Any service not fully covered or listed under exclusions are still covered at 25% off the hourly rate of the attorney. This includes pre-existing legal matters and out-of-network coverage.
Members are responsible for all non-attorney costs such as court costs, filing fees, or any fines assessed. This summary of legal plan services is intended to provide a broad and general overview of the plan coverage that we offer. Coverage may vary for your organization. Members, please log in or refer to your Master Plan Contract for a complete description of services provided, as well as the actual terms, coverage, conditions and exclusions.
Hear what members say about the Legal Resources Plan. Member Testimonials